MSA Imaginings July-2012
Teach us to pray O Lord,
Draw us closer to you, to your world, to each other.
Teach us to pray, O Lord,
With compassion and love and forgiveness.
Teach us to pray, O Lord,
Until all that we are and all that we do
Becomes a gift of prayer to you.
This is the prayer that came to mind as I contemplated our upcoming summer events. Prayer is an essential part of our lives, yet we rarely take the necessary time to engage in it.
The Celtic Retreat is Coming – Early Bird Special Still Available
MSA’s 21st Celtic retreat is shaping up to be the best ever and we hope that you will be there.
- Join us in gratitude for what God has done in all our lives and communities over this last year.
- Join us in a time of refreshment and renewal as we seek to restore God’s rhythm in our lives, rebuild our souls and renew our call out into God’s world.
- Join us as we dedicate the beginning of the first Mustard Seed Village building.
- Join us as we look to the future and celebrate the new promises still emerging in our lives and communities.
Our good friend and Celtic musician Jeff Johnson will provide music and Bob Dietel, Episcopal priest at Camano’s St Aidan’s Church, will conduct the Eucharist. There are special activities for kids of all ages, prayer trails to walk, beautiful forested areas to explore and new friends to make.
Lord Teach Us To Pray – A New Series at Godspace
Over the summer I will host a new series, Lord Teach Us to Pray, at Godspace. It kicked off last week to an exciting start with this great post by Roy Gobles Life as Prayer, followed by Twitturgies by Gerard Kelly. . Check the blog regularly for new posts. Bloggers from around the world have signed up to contribute. If you would like to be one of them sign up here.
I would also appreciate your prayers for the completion of my book, Return to Our Senses: Reimagining How We Pray.
Wild Goose is Still Flying
Last week Tom and I spoke at Wild Goose East in North Carolina. It was a great opportunity to see old friends and make new ones. We partnered with Brian “Wolt” Wolters from The Overflow Project, cooperating together in a joint MSA/Project Overflow booth. Check out the report and photos here.
This is a summer for festivals and celebrations. Still to come:
Creative World Festival, Mission B.C. August 10-12
Wild Goose West August 31 – September 2nd.
The imagination and creativity expressed at many of these festivals shows how desperately we need places in which to imagine and create new models for sustainable faith and life. The Mustard Seed Village is needed more than ever and we long to see it established as a place to bring together people from all walks of life to practice faith and to imagine and create new ways to live that are appropriate for our world.
We appreciate your prayers:
- For Cindy Todd as she builds relationships on Camano Island and in the local community of Stanwood.
- For David Vandervort, Dennis Todd and our growing team of volunteers as we begin the building of our first structure at the Mustard Seed Village in the next couple of weeks.
- For Forrest Inslee and Ryan and Jessica Weemhoff as they develop the CCSP/Cascadia program and recruit students for our first class in September of 2013.
- For Andy Wade as he continues to shape and develop the MSAimagine website.
- For Tom and me as we write and speak.
God has entrusted so much into our care, and we are grateful for your continued encouragement, support and prayers as we move forward.