Our central theme this year at Mustard Seed Associates is “Igniting Imagination for Reconciliation and New Creation“. We’re gearing up for a series of posts on this theme and looking for stories of faith and creativity where people are trying new ways to bring people together for healing and hope. Well, more than just people. Our exploration of reconciliation will include between people (faiths, politically, racially, economically) with God’s creation, and with God.
In preparation for this year’s theme we sent out a survey asking what areas of reconciliation most interest you. We had many responses and good suggestions. Here’s a quick graphic of what we learned about your interests in this area:
Reconciliation is a huge topic and we are looking for diverse and imaginative stories from around the globe and from different racial, gender, and even faith perspectives. Stories that will bring hope, encouragement, and stir our imaginations.
Here’s what we’re looking for in this series. If you have other ideas, please let us know:
- A brief story about some way you or your group is working to bring reconciliation in one or more of these areas:
- Between races, religions, economic strata, politically, or some other area where relational break down has happened.
- Between humans and God’s creation, where our activity is harming what God declared good and so is disrupting our relationship with God, with the land, and with others.
- What’s the setting/problem?
- How are you addressing the problem and why did you choose that method?
- What positive outcomes have you seen?
- What have you learned that others might apply in their context?
- 600-1200 words
- at least one photo if possible
- a brief (2-4 sentence) bio of you and/or your organization – with links so we can help promote/make connections for you.
Unfortunately we run on a shoestring budget and are not able to financially compensate you for writing, but we are big on making connections and want to extend to you an opportunity to tell your story and publicize/connect you through your story with our 6,000+ “associates” around the globe.
Please drop us an email and let us know your story. Let’s connect, inspire, and create together!