– Tom Sine — (re-purposed from Jan. 2013) In my last post I asked “Are you ready to embrace the new discipline of daily time in word and prayer as the first step in Living on Purpose in 2015?” On January 1 I asked: “Are you ready to embrace new disciplines to follow Jesus in […]
Tom Sine’s blog about simple, imaginative, kingdom of God actions – mustard seeds of hope – plated in a complex and hurting world.
– Tom Sine — (re-purposed from 2013) January 1 I asked, “Are you ready to embrace new disciplines to follow Jesus in living on purpose in 2015?” This week I am asking, “Are you ready to embrace the new discipline of daily time in word and prayer as the first step in Living on Purpose […]
– Tom Sine — (re-purposed from 2013) Are you ready to embrace new disciplines to follow Jesus in living on purpose in 2015? Last week I asked: “Do you want to start the New Year by ‘living on purpose?’” I outlined one way you might begin to discern how to connect your life more directly […]
– Tom Sine — Welcome back to school! Mother Jones Magazine has reported that college has gotten 12 times more expensive in a single generation. “It wasn’t always like this: the cost of undergraduate education is 12 times higher than it was 35 years ago, far out-pacing inflation. While the Index price of college tuition […]
The following video was taken at a BBQ held at the Mustard Seed House this summer. It is a brief interview with Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens and Dwight Friesen, the authors of The New Parish. It includes some beautiful stories of suggested ways to become God’s faithful presence in your neighborhood.
– Tom Sine — Last week I invited you to join me in giving thanks for the Millennial generation. The reason I invited you to join me in giving thanks is because a larger share of this generation of 80 million young people ages 18 to 33 want to use their lives to be changemakers. […]
– Tom Sine – I have read a number of articles in recent times that have been critical of the Millennial generation, comprised of Americans ages 18-33. This is the largest generation in American history of some 80 million people. The reason I find them so encouraging is that they are much more connected to […]
This panel discussion was part of the recent conversation about Millennials cohosted by Mustard Seed Associates and Seattle School of Theology and Psychology. Jon Plummer, MSA intern and graduate student at Seattle School, gives a rundown of the characteristics of Millennials in this previous video.
This is the third of 3 videos recorded at the Mustard Seed House where Tom Sine interviewed John Pattison and Chris Smith about their new book Slow Church: Cultivating Community in the Patient Way of Jesus. In this video John questioned Tom about some of his insights. John Pattison and Chris Smith co-authored Slow Church: […]
We had the joy of hosting Chris Smith and John Pattison at Mustard Seed House as they shared their journey into Slow Church: Cultivating Community in the Patient Way of Jesus. This is part two of Tom’s interview following the gathering. John Pattison and Chris Smith co-authored Slow Church: Cultivating Community in the Patient Way […]