– Tom Sine — (re-purposed from 2013) January 1 I asked, “Are you ready to embrace new disciplines to follow Jesus in living on purpose in 2015?” This week I am asking, “Are you ready to embrace the new discipline of daily time in word and prayer as the first step in Living on Purpose […]
– Andy Wade – Hello, your call is important to us. We will take your call in the order received. Your average wait time is approximately… Do you like waiting? I sure hope so because you do a lot of it! (I believe these are all statistics from the USA) Waiting in general (overall) 45-62 […]
– Andy Wade – My dad is colorblind. No, I’m not referring to the fact that one of his best friends in medical school 60 years ago was black. I’m not even referring to the fact that I’ve never heard a racist comment or joke come out of his mouth. No, he’s really colorblind! I […]
– Andy Wade – Inconsistent, blowing here, there, never resting in its determination to bring chaos,. So are the winds that blow through my garden sanctuary this summer. I’m sick of it! Where is rest, where is peace, when gusts randomly wreak havoc throughout the yard? Even just the noise becomes an irritation. These are […]
by Andy Wade I was a bit ambitious in the garden this spring. I decided to completely re-work the design but didn’t think through all the various implications of what I was doing. The previous year I had finally gotten my drip watering system all nicely laid out. Now, with this new garden, it all […]
In 1982 I took my first pilgrimage to Iona to experience the new discipline for me of listening for God in one of the holy places. I got more than I bargained for. I not only had a very deep experience of what Celtic Christians call “thin places” where the dimension between this world and […]
Are you ready for the Lenten discipline of celebrating each step on the way home to join the great family for the homecoming feast?
– by Tom Sine — Last night Christine prepared a magnificent Greek feast for a wonderful group of friends to celebrate another year of growing up and growing older. The feast included roast leg of lamb, oven roasted potatoes, beets and onions and two wonderful salads. The first salad was comprised of roasted eggplants, red […]